Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Waitress

The door was still locked when I arrived at the restaurant seeking a bit of breakfast before a long day of work.  I looked inside but could see no one, briefly wondering if it had joined the many others killed off by the recession.  A quick check of my watch revealed it was 5 minutes before opening time, so I took out my smartphone and began reading email.  At precisely opening time I heard a sexy “Good Morning” and looked up to see one of the waitresses opening the door.  She’d served me a couple of times in the past, and I’d always noted some attraction, but this time I really “woke up” and took notice. 

As she walked me to a table I noticed the swing in her hips and a bit of a joyful “skip” in her step.  Since I was the only customer there was a lot of time for small talk.  There was a definite twinkly in her eye and a delightful squint when she smiled (which she did a lot).  Having eaten at this particular place quite often I knew their routine, and she wasn’t following it.  Even as other customers entered, she found an unusual number of reasons to swing by my table.  Every bit of her body language and voice said “flirt”, and she was reeling me in.  My mind went to a movie scene of brushing everything off the table, throwing her down, and doing her right in the restaurant.  What a great way to start the day!

What I notice each time I see this waitress is that she doesn’t fit any definition of “type” that I would give someone if they forced me to say what I was attracted to.  Her loose waitress outfit hides any notion of curves, though her body language suggests otherwise.  No breasts, legs, or butt to really check out.  Cute, but not beautiful.  Medium-long hair, but done in an odd style (and multiple colors) that shows her youth.  And young, mid 20s, an age that doesn’t do anything for me (except of course make for good eye candy).  So why did I have such a strong reaction to this waitress?

I do find that I’m often attracted to someone even though I can’t easily describe why.  So what did this waitress have, besides being the most delightful flirt?  One, there was that sparkle in her eye.  That’s always been something that captures my attention.  It is probably related to the biggie, a clear zest for life.  Sheer Joy.  That is something in my top 3.  It’ll get me every time.

I left a really big tip.

No comments: