Sunday, January 24, 2010

What?! No Blogs in January?

I realize I haven't made a blog post at all this month...until now. The problem is, you can't have "ramblings of a happy man" without a happy man. And I haven't been happy at all this month. So even when I thought of some topic I've been meaning to blog about, or a new one, I couldn't get up the energy to write about it. Why an UNhappy man? Nothing in my life has been going according to plan lately.

Home life has been wacky due to some health issues. Work life has been stressful due to a few things. And my escape valve (aka, lover) has been absent for over two months. I had an epiphany where I realized just how carefully I had balanced these three elements of my life so that in aggregate they bring me great joy. For example, some of my career choices these last few years were made to enable me to spend more time with my lover. (They were also great choices in terms of things I love to do, and in terms of financial reward.) But when my lover isn't around, the negatives of those career choices get on my nerves. Amusingly those negatives are things that she herself understands all too well. They are all associated with being "an employee" (even if in a fairly senior executive position) rather than working for oneself.

The good news is that there is improvement on the home health issues front, I've gotten a few annoying things under control at work, and my lover is returning soon. The Happy Man is returning.

No comments: