Tuesday, July 7, 2009

When something is missing

For the last two weeks something has been missing from my life.  There have been moments when I’ve been way too busy, and having way too much fun, for me to consciously been thinking about “it”, yet always felt the absence.  Everything is colored by the lack of “it’s” spark.  Each day I’m away from that spark my heart feels a little heavier.  The loss starts the moment we separate, and I’m not whole again until my eyes first set sight on “it” again.  I’ve grown accustomed to week long separations.  That doesn’t change how the separation weighs on me, just that I cope with it.  When the separations are longer, others can detect “it’s” impact on my mood.

Of course “it” is my lover (to whom I apologize for referring to with such a pronoun).  Her presence in my life is a blessing beyond what I can describe, and her contribution to my happiness is priceless.  I am a very happy and lucky man.

No comments: